are hard to come by. Phuket is a great place to live and unless you are retired or wealthy then you will have to find a Phuket job if you want to live on Phuket.
So you are looking for a job in Phuket? We have compiled a list of tips and tricks as well as suggestions on how to land your job in Thailand. Many people are looking for jobs and the competition is really fierce. However, with good preparation and the necessary skills, it is possible to find a job in Phuket.
Over the course of the past years, I spoke to countless people from all backgrounds here in Phuket. Most of them found their job after a lengthy search process. I do want to stress one thing: it has become harder and harder to find a job. Some people think of going the entrepreneurial route. That is fine with me, but the fact is that this is also very tricky to accomplish due to local regulations and other aspects that hinder you from fulfilling this goal. Nevertheless, with the information on this website you should be able to get a broad overview. Moreover, the list of supplied links can point you in the right direction. Good luck with your job search!
Most expats living on Phuket will tell you that there are very few Phuket jobs which are available to expats. Although this might be true, it is very possible to find Phuket employment which is open to foreigners.
The Phuket guide offers you some great insight information on how to find those Phuket jobs
which are available to farangs.
For some people it might be more easy to find an available Phuket job as there are plenty of jobs available on Phuket in certain industries including the Phuket hotel industry and the Phuket diving industry. We will list the various type of Phuket jobs
which are most frequently available to expats.
Phuket Hotel Jobs
The industry in Phuket which employs most expats is most certainly the Phuket hotel industry. If you are interested in applying for available Phuket jobs in this industry then please note that you should have a relevant education and work experience.
Another great industry to find Phuket jobs is the Phuket diving industry. If you would really like to live in Phuket then why not get the proper PADI certification so that you can become a Phuket dive instructor
? To many people this sounds like the ultimate dream job. Keep in mind that working as a diving instructor is not always fun and the competition between the diving schools is fiercer than you might expect.
Phuket Real Estate Jobs
The Phuket real estate industry is definitely in a boom and more and more Phuket real estate
companies are now hiring foreigners to handle the sales. If you have any relevant sales experience and speak several languages then you should be able to find a Phuket job in this industry.
Phuket Teaching Jobs
The easiest way to get a Phuket job is by teaching English or another language at one of the Phuket language schools. Simply get you English teachers degree at one of the language schools and then you will be able to select from plenty of available jobs in Phuket. I know several expats who speak English as a second or third language and who are English teachers in Phuket.
Phuket Timeshare Jobs
There are several Phuket timeshare companies who are actively recruiting timeshare sales people. There are plenty of available Phuket jobs in this industry and they will take on nearly anyone.
Phuket IT Jobs
There is a small but growing Phuket industry and there are a number of Phuket jobs available in this industry. You should check with the large eCommerce companies such as hoteltravel.com or Asia Web Direct.
Phuket Travel Jobs
One of the largest employers on the island is the Phuket travel industry. There are many large travel companies who have an office on the island including hoteltravel.com, phuket.com, Asiantrails and Diethelm Travel. Most of these companies do have Phuket jobs available for which foreigners may apply.
Phuket Job Sites
The following websites frequently have available Phuket jobs for which expats can apply.
- Thaivisa.com - Large forum for expats which has a great active jobs section which often includes Phuket employment positions. This site also has a great Phuket forum for if you are looking for any specific information.
- Phuketall.com Jobs - The premier Phuket job site for both Thai and Expat jobseekers on Phuket is Phuketall.com. They have a large selection of available Phuket jobs which change daily
- *Ehotelier - The largest hotel industry website on the web and it has a great job section which also includes available Phuket hotel jobs.
- Phuket Gazette - The Phuket Gazette is the main English newspaper on the island and it has an impressive classifieds section which includes a large number of available Phuket jobs open to expats.
- Thailand Hotelier - Thailand hotelier operates the premier Thai hotelier website and has the leading Thai hotel jobs section which includes mostly jobs in Phuket.
- Jobbees - One of the oldest and largest Thailand employment sites which frequently has very interesting available job positions in Phuket.
- Job Thai - Another excellent Thailand recruitment website which you should definitely check out if you are job hunting for Phuket employment.
- JobsDB - This Thai job site frequently has a large number of open Phuket jobs in their database. If you are looking for a Phuket job then be sure to have a look at their excellent website.
- *Bangkok Post - This is the premier English newspaper in Thailand and they also have a great jobs section. If you are looking for a job in Phuket then be sure to check out this newspaper daily.
- *The Phuket Post - The second English newspaper on Phuket is the Phuket Post. There is both a paper version of this Phuket newspaper as well as an online version and both contain a Phuket classifieds section with available Phuket jobs.
If you come here with the necessary skills, it should be less difficult to land the job. Many companies are searching for multilingual staff. Some of them are looking to find English teachers. Other companies are looking for sales managers with an international background in order to expand their business.
Digital Nomads in Phuket
Another thing that has been really taken off recently is the influx of so-called digital nomads. These are individuals that work for themselves from wherever they want. Some of them run websites, others do consulting for international companies and others have found ways to manage their business in a passive way. Some may call it a fad. Others call it a lifestyle. In the end, what really matters is that they manage to pay their bills on time and enjoy the freedom that comes with this sort of job.
It can get lonely at times. Without the social network from home, many of the digital nomads tried to find new friends here in Phuket. To be honest, not everyone of them were successful. I managed to get to know a few of them recently in a so-called co-working hub. They told me the stories and I found it really cool. However, the common denominator with all these guys and girls was as follows: they either had a really good skill set or have been working on their businesses for years. As a result, I believe it can be really hard, not to say impossible, to become one of these digital nomads within a short period of time.
The Phuket guide will continue to add new resources on Phuket employment for foreigners so be sure to bookmark this section on Phuket Jobs
Do you have Questions on Phuket Jobs?
Ask them at trofimena.com for free.
Siam Phuket Resort Rawai